Healthy Family Habits - NCFL's newest family-learning resourcePosted on 09/24/2015
NCFL announced the launch of Healthy Family Habits , an online resource dedicated to providing families with real-world ways to establish and hone healthy habits. This new (and completely free) set of materials offers step-by-step guides and downloadable resources for community organizations seeking support in planning and hosting health-literacy events for families.
Healthy Family Habits also includes interactive features designed to help families facilitate at-home conversations about health and generate ideas for implementing healthful activities. [All resources are available in English and Spanish.]
Healthy Family Habits resources include:
- Downloadable family-friendly recipes and resources
- Fun activities and book recommendations to motivate your family to get moving and stay healthy
- Mealtime discussion starters to inspire at-home healthy-lifestyle conversations
For Schools and Programs
- A how-to guide for hosting four intergenerational events with five family-oriented activity stations
- Facilitator's implementation guide and downloadable take-home materials for families
Find out more at http://familieslearning.org/health/index.html .