California Edge Campaign: Workforce Agenda for 2016Posted on 03/23/2016
The California EDGE (Education Diversity and Growth in the Economy) Campaign is a non-partisan coalition of groups with diverse and even divergent outlooks but united in the belief that California' future economic growth rests in large measure on the skill base of its workers. The members of the coalition are:
- California Budget and Policy Center California Hospital Association
- California Workforce Association California Labor Federation, AFL-CIO
- California Manufacturing and Technology Association
- Career Ladders Project for the California Community Colleges
- Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
- National Council of La Raza Policy Link
- State Building and Construction Trades of California
The EDGE Coalition released A Workforce Agenda for 2016 that includes creating a sustained, supplemental funding stream for high-cost CTE programs; providing greater access to Cal Grant C financial support for CTE students; implementing high impact practices in adult education and basic skills programs to significantly improve student success; strengthening the curriculum approval process for community college CTE programs; developing an aligned program accountability system for CTE and workforce programs; and increasing the pool of qualified CTE instructors.
Source: California EDGE Coalition News (accessed February 25, 2016).