ABOUT OTAN TRAINING: Workshop Descriptions
|Workshop title||Custom Google|
This hands-on workshop builds on the "Google Tools and Drive" series. Topics and features of Google Drive, Tools, and Chrome will be customized to fit the needs of the requesting site. All participants will learn how adult education staff and students can customize and fit Google into their program. Topics can include but are not limited to: using Chrome as an educational tool; adding, customizing, and using extensions in Chrome, Apps and Drive applications, extending the function of Docs, Sheets and Slides using Add-Ons, using the Draw tool within Docs and Slides and other applications, and other advanced Chrome and/or Drive settings.
This is not one workshop but many - each workshop can build upon the last. Site training coordinators are encouraged to contact and discuss workshop details with the OTAN Trainer.
Prerequisites: All participants must have a Google account. All participants should have either a working knowledge of Google or attended one of OTAN's "Google Tools and Drive" workshops.
|Format||Workshops: Training events at a physical location, of short duration (2 – 6 hours) but may be part of a series.|
|WHERE: Folsom-Cordova Adult School||WHEN: Monday, 05/01/2017 @ 1:00 PM||REGISTER|
To find out more about any of these workshops, including dates and times offered, please check the California Adult Education Professional Development Web site. This site has information on OTAN offered training, as well as training offered by CALPRO and CASAS.
Face-to-Face Workshop Requirements:
- The lab must contain at least one computer for every individual enrolled in a class - including the instructor.
- The Internet connection must be at least a T1 line.
- All computers being used must have Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 20 or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or later.
- OTAN’s Web site and its contents must be accessible on every computer used during a class.
- The instructor’s computer station should be connected to an LCD projector and the room will need a screen for class viewing. (If a projector and/or instructor station is not available, OTAN can provide them).
- At least 10 participants must have completed the online registration 10 days prior to the workshop.
- All Microsoft Office workshops require the correct version of Office to be installed on all computers in the lab to be used.
- Various workshops will require unblocked access to necessary Web sites.