ABOUT OTAN TRAINING: Workshop Descriptions
|Workshop title||Internet Resources for Adult Ed Teachers|
This hands-on workshop is designed for users already familiar with the Internet. The session focuses on teaching resources available on and through the OTAN Web site for ABE, High School Diploma and Equivalency preparation, and ESL/EL Civics/Citizenship programs. You will learn to navigate the site and how to use one of our newest sections titled Teaching with Technology. You will also find online tools for preparing classroom activities, a database with hundreds of sites to use in your class, and access to online lesson plans as well as many activities created by adult ed teachers in California. (This workshop can be focused on any of these adult education program areas.)
Prerequisites: Basic computer and Internet skills. Must have an e-mail address and be a registered member of OTAN prior to the workshop.
|Session length||3 hours|
|Format||Workshops: Training events at a physical location, of short duration (2 – 6 hours) but may be part of a series.|
To find out more about any of these workshops, including dates and times offered, please check the California Adult Education Professional Development Web site. This site has information on OTAN offered training, as well as training offered by CALPRO and CASAS.
Face-to-Face Workshop Requirements:
- The lab must contain at least one computer for every individual enrolled in a class - including the instructor.
- The Internet connection must be at least a T1 line.
- All computers being used must have Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 20 or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or later.
- OTAN’s Web site and its contents must be accessible on every computer used during a class.
- The instructor’s computer station should be connected to an LCD projector and the room will need a screen for class viewing. (If a projector and/or instructor station is not available, OTAN can provide them).
- At least 10 participants must have completed the online registration 10 days prior to the workshop.
- All Microsoft Office workshops require the correct version of Office to be installed on all computers in the lab to be used.
- Various workshops will require unblocked access to necessary Web sites.