ABOUT OTAN TRAINING: Workshop Descriptions
|Workshop title||Interactive Whiteboards - Creating Student Activities|
Interactive whiteboards (IWBs) are great tools for student collaboration, sharing and practice. This workshop is designed to provide an orientation to IWB software, tools and activities to get you started in your classroom.
Important Note: When you schedule this workshop, please let us know which brand of interactive whiteboard your school uses and how many boards can be used for the workshop.Prerequisites: Basic computer and file management skills.
|Session length||3 hours|
|Format||Workshops: Training events at a physical location, of short duration (2 – 6 hours) but may be part of a series.|
To find out more about any of these workshops, including dates and times offered, please check the California Adult Education Professional Development Web site. This site has information on OTAN offered training, as well as training offered by CALPRO and CASAS.
Face-to-Face Workshop Requirements:
- The lab must contain at least one computer for every individual enrolled in a class - including the instructor.
- The Internet connection must be at least a T1 line.
- All computers being used must have Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 20 or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or later.
- OTAN’s Web site and its contents must be accessible on every computer used during a class.
- The instructor’s computer station should be connected to an LCD projector and the room will need a screen for class viewing. (If a projector and/or instructor station is not available, OTAN can provide them).
- At least 10 participants must have completed the online registration 10 days prior to the workshop.
- All Microsoft Office workshops require the correct version of Office to be installed on all computers in the lab to be used.
- Various workshops will require unblocked access to necessary Web sites.